"The greatest part of our happiness and misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cooking Update January 19, 2010

Well another week has passed and things are going good.  I planned another menu and we had really good intentions but only a few of the recipes actually got made.  The week was so busy it was crazy. But we did have some great success with what I did make. 
I would like to make a note however,  one of the nights I had planned everything out because I knew that I was going to be gone.  The recipe was simple.  Paula Dean's Pizza on a stick (See Below) everything was ready to go, recipe on the counter, ingredients all in the fridge,  and dad took them out to dinner.  LOL  Well at least they ate.....  We ended up eating the pizza on a stick Sunday for lunch and this is definitely a favorite for my kids.  The other favorite was the Chicken Teriyaki. 
My sister wants me to post the recipes so she can try them too.  Let me know if anyone tries them and has success with their kids. 
So I have a lot of ingredients I didn't use last week so I made my menu this week based on the ones I didn't do last week. 

Tues - Meat Loaf (Andrew's)
Wed - Crockpot Stew
Thurs - Taco Pasta Salad with homemade cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips Fri - Pizza on a stick (kids request)
Saturday is moms day off  : )

No shopping involved YEAH!!!!
I am doing research for next week so if you have any kid friendly recipes please post them for me to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment