"The greatest part of our happiness and misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

cooking update

January 27, 2010

Okay I have not been keeping up on my notes however I have been cooking away.  I have tried some really good recipes and so far Harrison is the only one that has been giving me trouble (no surprise there)...
I made meatloaf again at the begging of my kids.  They absolutely love it.  I have to say it is one of the best recipes I have tasted.  Today I went a little out of my comfort zone and made salmon with mango chutney and coucous, and a spinach salad.  It was amazing....  I have a pic I will post tomorrow.  It looked so good I decided it was my POTD.   My husband told my son that he would have had to pay $20 bucks if he had ordered this salmon at a restaurant.  He really liked it.  I think the kids like the old foil with lemon and butter recipe better but at least I stepped out of my box.  Oh and Allora came home from Volleyball and gobbled it down so I guess that means I got a thumbs up from her too...  Tomorrow I am trying another out of my box recipe.  I am trying Salisbury Steak.  We will see how the kids like this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment