"The greatest part of our happiness and misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Janurary 9, 2010

OOk so the first week of cooking is over.... Yeah.  It wasn't so bad.  We did do a left over night on Thursday because I didn't want the enchiladas to go bad but for the most part they ate everything I made ( which is pretty darn good considering....)  
We had chiken wings Wednesday, which I think was the hit this week.  Just threw the chik wings in the crockpot with the honeybrown sugar BBQ sauce with rice and they were good to go.  
Friday was baked potato bar.  Friday is a really hard nite because my kids are off and running most of the time so I am trying to keep Friday's pretty simple so they can kinda eat it whenever they drag themselves in.  
This coming week I am going to try some new receipes from Paula Dean.  My mother has her magazine and lets just admit it she is the cutest lady around.  I just want to hug her.  I mean come on....  I wish she was in my kitchen all the time.  If there was one chef I could meet I think it would be her.  She is just adorable.  
So I am going to try a couple of her receipes because they are suppose to be kid friendly.  
They look really good and I think my kids will enjoy them.  I will make my menu tomorrow and then my shopping list for Monday....  

No comments:

Post a Comment